Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blogging Intensive: Concluding Review

What a wonderful week we have had! Five of us shared in a total of 12 hours of intensive blogging lessons. As participatns set up new blogs, we learned about the Blogger platform – the dashboard, settings, design, how to compose, edit, save, and publish; how to follow, leave comments, and subscribe. We learned how to link and how to upload pictures and videos. We brainstormed for ideas and followed up by writing out drafts of posts, profiles, and bio-boxes. We learned about gadgets – whaqt they are, how to find them and how to put them on our blogs. As we learned about SEO, article writing, and how to build traffic, we explored various examples already on the web and various sites to upload and publish promotional articles. We talked about the value of online and blogging communities and participated in some as practice.

We stayed focused on our work making the most efficient use of our time. It was an amazing and energetic dynamic because we learned about each other as well, but never allowed personal interjections to stray us from the main focus of learning about blogging.

Thank you, Ladies, for a wonderful, productive week! Thank you for your meaningful input and questions and for all your enthusiasm. I am especially greatful that you have joined me in this endeavor.

I look forward to our monthly gatherings and continued learning. Until we meet again, blog on!

Comments I received from the workshop:

I am having fun with blogging, thanks for the help with it!!

Thank you so much, River, for teaching us during our blogging workshop. You did a fantastic job. Our group will be posting a lot and making links to others because of your efforts. You are the best.

Your blogging contributions are priceless. I look at my blog a new way thanks to you. I
got my book in the mail called: The Everything Blogging Book by Aliza
Risdahl. I will share it with you.
 

Participants' Blogs

3 comments:

  1. Note: links we used will be coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you as both teacher and friend. When I signed up to learn about blogging, I knew nothing about blogs except the definition that I've heard. I like the idea of reaching others outside my small world. Thank you, River!

    ReplyDelete
  3. River is an excellent teacher because she is passionate about life as well as teaching and she brings all of that energy into our classroom. She is not only inviting us into this intricate and sometimes overwhelming web of on-line interaction that seems to be endless in it's content, but she is out there doing it herself. Cheers for River Lin!

    ReplyDelete